Q&A: Caroline Reed, Founder and CEO, CREED Consulting Services
1. In a few sentences tell us a little about your business — the clients you serve and the services you provide.
We are a boutique full-service advertising operations consultancy. We help advertisers execute marketing campaigns on time and budget without compromising the quality of the creative ideas. We offer content production and ad agency management, in-house creative organizational design, and training and development across the three disciplines.
2. Describe the moment you decided to start your business and what was the inspiration behind it?
I worked in the corporate sector for 27+ years. When I was offered earlier retirement in 2015, I took it as a sign that a new chapter in my life was about to start. I realized I could do anything, be anything. I just had to take a chance. Instead of securing another corporate job, I decided to take a leap of faith and start my consultancy.
3. All great businesses, at their core, are providing solutions to life’s challenges. What challenges does your business aim to solve for your customers/clients?
Advertisers are constantly having to pivot their priorities to be viable and successful. Our company aims to help our clients navigate the complex content creation landscape efficiently and effectively.
4. What does being a founder/entrepreneur mean to you?
Being a founder means creating an environment where I can be authentic and inspire others. I don’t’ have a glass ceiling; I have an open sky.
5. We know that founders of color face a number of challenges in not only creating but successfully operating their own business. As efforts are made nationally and globally to address racial inequity across industries, what role do you believe founders of color can have?
I think we are responsible for paying it forward to other fellow founders and mentoring and coaching the next generation of founders.
6. Is there a founder of color, historically or present day, who inspires you? And why?
Alonzo Franklin Herndon, Founder of the Atlanta Life Insurance Company. One of many African American Entrepreneurs. His story especially inspires me because from slavery to starting and owning one of the most successful Insurance Companies in America that has been in existence for 116 years and is still going strong is genuinely a fantastic legacy.
7. What’s your one piece of advice to someone who dreams of becoming a founder/entrepreneur?
If you can dream it, you can make that dream a reality. Every day is a new day with no mistakes, so never give up. Don’t listen to the nay-sayers. Surround yourself with people who will support, encourage and champion your efforts – find your cheerleaders, those that will keep you going and give you good advice along the way.
Learn more about CREED Consulting Services by visiting their website: creedconsultingservices.com or Instagram page.
Original posted on: Monicamotivates.com
Articles URL: https://monicamotivates.com/uncategorized/qa-caroline-reed
Leave A Comment